In order to delete a tour in Panoskin, you must be sure you have done the following:
- You must unpublish the tour
- You must unpublish all scenes and islands within the tour
To delete a tour, navigate to Clients and click on the blue arrow to view the tours associated with the client you want to delete tours from.
Next, click on the trash can icon under Delete to completely delete the tour and all data from Panoskin.
If you are receiving an error that says you cannot delete tours that have scenes or islands, then please be sure to complete the following steps in order to delete the tour:
- Click on the blue arrow to view your tours associated with the client you want to delete a tour from.
- Next, click on the tour title. This will take you to the moderation tool for that tour.
- Click on Publish to Google. Make sure you have unpublished the tour. If you have already done this, you may skip this step. If you have not unpublished the tour yet, click on the red Unpublish button. Please note that it can take some time for Google's servers to remove a tour.
- After making sure the tour is unpublished, next click on Upload Photos.
- Make sure you have deleted all islands and scenes. You can delete islands and scenes by clicking on the X symbol in the corner of each scene and island. Even if you have an empty island with no scenes uploaded, this must be deleted.
- After completing Step 5, you should be able to delete the tour from Pansokin. Click on the trash can icon associated with the tour you would like to delete.
The reason Panoskin requires unpublishing and removal of scenes and islands from a tour before completely deleting it from the platform is because this prevents an issue of having no way to remove the tour from Google if the tour is deleted without unpublishing it first. If Panoskin allows users to delete the tour data from the platform without first unpublishing, then there would be no way to inform Google's servers that you would like to unpublish the tour in the future.